A warehousing company wants to arrange a space for some boxes.
[box one - quantity]
[box two - quantity]
[box three - quantity]
needs to know the dimensions of the space the boxes are going to take up in their warehouse.
They send a request to 3DBinPacking with:
– space ID/to set unlimited maximum dimensions, they set a ‘0’ value for each dimension
– box IDs/dimensions (W x H x L) + quantities
They receive the response from 3DBinPacking with:
– the dimensions of the area the products will use
– the final arrangement of the boxes in the space
– step-by-step instructions for arranging the boxes in the space
The warehousing company knows how much area the boxes will take up, they can plan to use the rest of the space for other goods.