A transport company
has received an order.
The order details:
[box one - quantity]
[box two - quantity]
[box three - quantity
wants to calculate the length of the packed boxes to know how much space will still be available for other boxes.
They send a request to 3DBinPacking with:
– truck IDs/dimensions of packing space (W x H x L)
– box IDs/dimensions (W x H x L) + quantities
– the dimension to calculate, in this case it is length/depth.
They receive the response with:
– the final arrangement of items inside the truck
– a list of the packed boxes
– the length/depth of packed boxes inside the truck
– step-by-step instructions for arranging the boxes in the truck
The company knows how much space the order will take up and how much space is still left for other boxes.