A customer has made an order in an online supermarket
The order details:
[item one - quantity]
[item two - quantity]
[item three - quantity]
The supermarket must minimize the number of boxes used to pack this order, and they must group certain items when packing.
The shop sends a request to 3DBinPacking with:
– box ID's/dimensions (W x H x L)
– item IDs/dimensions (W x H x L) + information about the group a product belongs to + quantities
The supermarket receives the response with:
– the minimum number of boxes required to ship the order, that groups items to be packed together
– the final arrangement of items inside the boxes
– a list of items packed into the boxes
– step-by-step instructions for arranging the items in the boxes
The supermarket knows how to optimally pack their boxes and group products to deliver to their customer.