A customer has made an order in an online shop.
The order details:
[box one - quantity]
[box two - quantity]
[box three - quantity]
The fulfillment company receives the order. They must reduce the number of pallets required, optimize the use of space, and not exceed a maximum stack height.
They send a request to 3DBinPacking with:
– ONE pallet ID and its dimensions (W x H x L)
– box (item) IDs/dimensions(W x H x L) + quantities
They receive the response with:
– the number of pallets
– the final arrangement of boxes on the pallet/s
– a list of boxes loaded onto each pallet
– the height of the stacked boxes on each pallet
– step-by-step instructions for arranging the boxes on each pallet
The company stacks the boxes on pallets, does not exceed the maximum stack height, and loads them onto truck/s for transport.